|It is amazing but a lot of people have no idea that Amazon will pay you between 4% and 15% of sales when someone
refers a customer to the Amazon website and someone buys something.
This may be the greatest business in the world:
- You can get started with minimal investment –under $10
- You can access over 100,000 book titles and 40,000 products in hundreds of categories and
- You can sell thousands of products yet - You have no inventory. You take no photos. There is
nothing to ship and…Amazon takes all the risk and collects the money for you.
- You have to do some work –but once it’s done, you literally make money while you sleep.
Why Become an Amazon Affiliate?
I have ten good reasons why the Amazon Affiliate program is a good choice:
1. Amazon is a trusted Brand – According to Nielson Research, Amazon is the most trusted brand
and the number one most popular shopping destination on the web (they just passed eBay this year). Buyers know
Amazon –and trust it. And, they spend more money on Amazon on average than any other shopping site.
2. People Buy More than One Item – the great thing about Amazon is that you don’t just earn a
commission on the product that you send people to, but anything that they buy once they’re at Amazon. You earn a
commission on anything a person buys within 24 hours of you sending them to Amazon. One out of every four shoppers
buys more than one item per session.
3. Easy Setup – There are more and more WordPress plugins and third party tools and website
builders that have Amazon Affiliate integration built into them. This means you have a choice of automated
tools that mean little or no work for you. You can even put Amazon links in your Twitter and Facebook posts.
4. Choice of Payment – Amazon pays their affiliates in a number of ways. You can elect to
receive an Amazon gift card, check in the mail or direct deposit to your bank account.
5. Commissions – Amazon uses a sliding scale of commissions that start at 4% and go as high as
15%. (Sell just 4 items per month and your commission jumps to 6%). They have a volume formula so the
more items you sell per month, the higher your commission. Most months I am at the 7% level. That doesn’t
sound like much but someone bought an $2100 gun-safe one month. My commission on that sale was $126.00.
I know one lady who runs an Amazon affiliate website that reviews expensive sewing machines ($250 to $2,000). She
gets dozens of sales per month.
6. Small Payments Add Up – See above and do some math.
7. Holidays are huge moneymakers – Its not just Christmas. I always see a big jump in
sales on other holidays such as Valentines Day, Mothers and Fathers Day, Halloween and so on.
8. Huge Array of Products -- What initially attracted me to Amazon’s Affiliate program was the
breadth of products that they had in their system. This is a great thing if you’re niche is narrow or quite obscure
as many niche marketers find it difficult to find affiliate programs to match their niche focus. Even if your
niche is so narrow you can’t find products, at least there are books about it. Not counting books, movies and
music, Amazon has over 40,000 different products for sale in hundreds of categories and sub-categories.
9. Amazon now sells streaming movies –Amazon recently entered the market of streaming video
downloads –they will shortly begin selling movies in competition with NetFlix. This can add a whole new
10. Amazon gives great support – Unlike other online shopping and auction sites, Amazon loves
their sellers and associates and gives them great support. Stuck with a problem? Amazon will call you on the phone
and talk to you in less than 5 minutes after requesting a call.
How Much Money Can I Make as an Amazon Affiliate?
Before I discuss this I have to point you to the disclaimer at the bottom of this page. The Federal Trade
Commission has new rules we have to follow when talking about moneymaking products, so please read –and heed the
disclaimer. It is there for your protection.
I have seen Amazon affiliate sites that were so poorly done they made nothing or maybe were lucky to earn $20 to
$30 per month. And I have seen some that make well over $1000 per month. But if you speak with
experienced Amazon affiliates they will tell you that the average is probably somewhere around $300 to $500 month,
per site, which is why most of the pros have ten or more sites. I will show you how to set up an Amazon site
quickly –in less than one hour and even a system that will set them up for you (if you are willing to pay them),
but if your goal is to make $1000 a month or more, you will probably need several sites.
That is not many orders, but look at the conversion rate. That is a phenomenal conversion rate for the
Internet. Several of the products sold that week were in the over $200 price range.
When I met with Amazon folks last year they told me off the record that they have hundreds of affiliates earning
over $100,000 per year, and thousands earning between $500 and $5000 a month. But they also have thousands
who have signed up and done nothing –or just earn the occasional ten dollars or so. (Just keeping it real!)
The bottom line on this question is that it’s up to you. If you have some imagination and can follow
instructions, you will make some money –but there is no way I can forecast how much. Some folks would be
happy to do this and earn $100 a month, while others really need the income and they will work harder and earn
|You have been
successfully using the Amazon affiliate program since December, so much of your book was old
news to me. Still, you picked up enough useful information to make the purchase of your eBook
more than worth the nominal cost. I have already selected a few niches and as time allows, I
plan to get a few product oriented sites going.
What Will I Learn About Being an Amazon Affiliate?
First of all we will teach you how the program works. How to sign up and explain the rules you must
follow. Then I take you step-by-step through:
- Finding a niche –or several niches
- How to select the best niche
- How and which products to select within a niche to maximize conversions
- How to set up a website or blog that attracts traffic (don’t worry – there are no technical skills
- How to create your affiliate links
- How to use Amazon widgets (powerful selling tools)
- How to maximize commissions
- Quick & Easy website Builder
- Driving free traffic to your site
- How and where to find free content for your site
- Using social networks to promote your affiliate links
- How to create your own Amazon Store loaded with affiliate commission generating products
- And much-much more…..
So that is just some of the information we will cover in the book.
How much time will I have to Invest as an Amazon Affiliate?
This is one of those businesses where the time you spend is directly related to how much you earn. It
typically takes about 1 or 2 hours to create an Amazon affiliate website or blog. One website or blog can
earn anywhere from $10 to a few hundred dollars, or even $1000 or more per month. The key to making more
money is to have more than one website. Some of the largest professional Amazon affiliates --the ones
who make a six-figure income, have dozens of these sites. But the average guy or gal like us probably has
anywhere from three to ten.
If you work full time and this will be a very part-time endeavor, you could spend two hours a week and build one
website or blog per week. After ten weeks you would have ten sites generating income. If you don’t work, you
could accomplish the same thing in two or three days.
I Have Very Little Computer or Internet skills –Can I Really Do This?
If you can type, point and click, I will show you how to quickly and easily set up blogs and/or websites that
require no technical skill, programming language or advanced internet skills.
The real answer to this question is another question: Are you willing to be patient, follow simple
instructions and stick with it if you get frustrated? If so then literally anyone with an at least average IQ
and high school level writing skills can do this.
How Much Does It Cost And Is There Any Other Investment?
The cost of this course is $27.00 and it comes with my No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee.
There are some free sites where you can get started if you have no money at all, but I don’t recommend them.
Most people will set up a hosted blog or website that will cost between $7 and $10 a month for hosting. There
are also a few tools I recommend that you may want in invest in –but those can wait until you are generating enough
income to cover the cost.
What do I get for my $27.00?
The basic course is delivered as an eBook. The eBook contains step-by-step instructions with screenshots that
walk you through all aspects of the program. We have some bonus items and reports. So here is what you
- eBook course – How to Make Money With The Amazon Affiliate Program (If you don’t like eBooks
that is OK. My eBooks are set to allow printing. You can print it out on your computer printer, or you can
email the file to Kinkos or any print shop and they will print out and bind a copy for you).
- Lifetime Updates and more bonus items as we create them
- Bonus Report - Twenty Interesting and Profitable Amazon Niches. In the book I
show you how to research profitable niches. In this report, I have done the research for you so you can
just pick one (or more) and get started right away.
- Bonus Report - Beyond Amazon Learn about adding Buy.com and Wal-Mart to your affiliate blogs
- Bonus Report - Using Top Selling Products To Find A Profitable Niche on Amazon
- Bonus Report - Full Disclosure Sample language for a disclaimer statement on an affiliate site
- Bonus - Link Building Training Video
P.S. I've Got Another Bonus For You
One thing that every affiliate marketer struggles with is content. It's content that attracts traffic to your
site. And there are some days you are just too busy or too tired to create content. So here is one more super
- Plenty of copyright free articles on dozens of different niche topics
- The articles are between 400 to 500 words each
- The content of the articles fall into 15 categories (NO Internet marketing or "make money" subjects)
- The right to use the content of those articles however you wish - you can even rewrite, update or put your
name as the author
Here are the categories:
|Additions and Renovations
Cloth and Fabrics
Farm and Gardening
Seniors and Retirement
To Your Success\